We’re much more than just a social club meeting once a week for a chat. We gather together each week in the name of Christ, and to give you a better idea of what GBC Gainesville is all about, here’s a summary of our doctrinal statement.
2. We believe that there is only one God, eternally self-existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; each equally deserving worship and obedience.
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling every Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
5. We believe all of the Bible is the inspired, inerrant and authoritative Word of God in its original autographs, contained in 66 books, and is the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
6. We believe that all men are lost sinners, totally depraved by nature, and subject to the wrath of God and His eternal punishment.
7. We believe that for a person to escape that eternal punishment, through the hearing of the gospel, he must obey Christ by turning to Him in genuine saving faith and repentance through the sobering act of regeneration by the Holy spirit.
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life with Christ and the lost to eternal punishment in hell.
* We value God’s Word, The Bible, as solely authoritative and sufficient in all matters of belief and behavior for every believer’s enjoyment of God and for the ministry of the church, and therefore, the preaching of it by exposition and with authority (Psa. 1:1-3; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 1 Pet. 2:2; 2 Pet. 1:2-4; 2 Tim. 4:2; Titus 2:15)
* We value prayer as the underlying connection to God’s power for all our efforts in ministry and worship (Acts 2:42; Eph. 6:18-20; Phil. 4:6; Col. 4:2; 1 Thes. 5:16-18)
* We value husbands, wives, and children fulfilling their biblical roles in the family and in the church (Deut. 6:4-9; Psa. 78:1-9; Eph. 6:4; 2 Tim. 3:14-15)
* We value personal and corporate worship of God that engages both the mind and the heart (John 4:23-24; Jam. 4:8; Psa. 16:11; 2 Tim. 4:1-4)
* We value Christ-centered relationships, especially through the regular gathering of small groups focused on God’s Word, prayer, and mutual love; this is called fellowship in the Bible (John 13:34; Eph. 5:1-2; 1 Thes. 5:11; Heb. 10:23-25; Jam. 5:16)
* We value equipping the body in order to develop biblical knowledge, character, and actions that imitate Christ (Eph. 4:12; Col. 1:28)
* We value every believer faithfully serving in the body of Christ with the gifts that God has given them (Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Pet. 4:10-11; 1 Cor. 12:7; Eph. 4:11-13)
* We value personal involvement in the establishment of Christ’s church throughout the world preaching the gospel to those who do not know Him (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; Rom. 10:1; Col. 4:2-4)
* We value the submission of this church to Christ’s leadership, which is carried out by a biblically qualified team of elders (Acts 20:28; 1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Pet. 5:1-3; Heb. 13:17)
* We value equipping men for full-time vocational ministry in the context of the local church (Eph. 4:11-12; 1Tim. 5:17)